This weeks topic: Change the template and luck in your office.
Each week I take questions from my friends on my Facebook page and pick one to answer in this column.
This week Terri writes:
I feel like my office has dark energy, I am having bad luck in my career. I have my office in my house and the energy in there feels off. What can I do?
From MarVeena: Our homes are energetically set up to nourish and sustain us, we have areas for cleansing, eating, entertaining and sleeping. When we throw in a career template, it can really be a challenge to set the right tone so the business can flourish and not at the expense of the other aspects of our life and house.
First thing is to create the intention of having a mini space with your home dedicated to holding a space for your creative and career vision. It is best if your office doesn’t not have to share with any thing else to really allow success in your business.
Consciously think template. I intend to create and support an office environment to house all of the components of my business.
We are way more primordial in nature than we are sophisticated. So set your self up for success with your primordial instincts.
Feng Shui Tips For Your Home Office
That means using some Feng Shui principles. The idea of Feng Shui is to set your self up in life for safety, protection and success by aligning your self with the natural energies and lay of the land.
The primitive part of your self needs to feel protected and inspired to be your most productive and creative in your office. It is hard to do that when we feel our office has dark energy.
- Start with cleaning your home office top to bottom. Any surface that you can use an ammonia/water mix do so. Dust, wash and super clean the space. Open the windows and doors to get fresh air in.
- Use a smudge mixture to break up negative energies. If you have evil spirits you might need to call in help for that part.
- Do all of the above first and ask your own angels, guides and teachers to help you move out the negative energies. Open a door or window and direct them out that way.
- Be sure you are working on your own personal healing.
Some how you are running some negative thoughts patterns that are collecting in this space. This could be what has attracted this negativity into the space. Be very diligent about doing affirmations and keeping a real positive out look. I use an affirmation like “Cancel, clear and delete” when I have a low vibrational thought. I will also smudge the room often and burn candles often!
10 Feng Shui Layout And Design Tips For Your Home Office
1. When you walk in the door place your desk on the left to that top left corner. Make sure your desk is substantial and nice. It needs to set a tone for the rest. It needs to say I am serious about my business. Make sure to place your chair where you can see the door.
2. Don’t allow clutter to build up, this is where negative energy can build up and work against you. Keep your office super clean and neat. I know we go through times were to be creative we need to be a little messy. But when you have got all you can out of that creative brain storm, then clean up and put away your supplies.
3. Your desk top can hold a template for the dreams and goals of your business. I keep the center clear for projects I am working on. To the left hand side place a book of wisdom. A work that you respect, maybe teachings of a wise thought leader. Even small books can represent wisdom.
4. Above this space still to the left side you can place a small healthy plant, this is to honor the elders in your life who have sacrificed so you can be here in this physical body and in a place to thrive. A plant also brings healthy qi in the space. Be very loving and careful with your plant. If it dies or wilts replace it quickly.
5. In the top left corner place an object that symbolizes to you wealth and prosperity. I have a bowl of gold coins to symbolize a container for opportunity and wealth.
6. In the center to the top is a good place for a nice crystal to help you be known as an expert in your field.
7. To the right and top of desk, place some thing to symbolize loving people in your life. A nice place for a Vase or and object with a pair on it. Like two love birds. A photo of you and your spouse is good here.
8. To the right center is a good place for a tray to contain your projects, the ideas you would like to see come to fruition.
9. To the bottom right of the desk place a really nice address book. Even if we don’t need them now a days with all of our smart phone. Have a nice address book and lovingly place your clients names and numbers in that book. Our contacts should be cherished and appreciated. They are the lifeblood of our business.
10. A really good protective symbol is a horse. It also represents strength and speed. Place either a statue or image of either 1 or 8 horses for best luck. Never 5, because that is a bad luck symbol. A good location is in the south but really any where that works visually is good. You can use other images that signify success and prosperity to you.
Keep everything neat and visually appealing and up lifting. I run sage through my office every day. I do a lot intense clearings and readings there so I need that much space clearing. You can do this maybe once a week to lift up the energy. If you feel weird about burning some sage, just place a few leafs of the sage in a small container in the office. You can also drift some fragrant jasmine tea through the space as a blessing. Use your intention for clearing out negative thoughts and patterns that are keeping you locked in the past.
I hope you enjoyed these ideas! Please share your own office enhancement ideas below in the comments!