By MarVeena Meek
(c) March 2012
The way of the sword originated in Japan by the Samurai class. This was in Feudal Japan.
Kendo is the modern version of this. It provides a physically and mentally challenging activity that combines strong martial arts values with strong physical elements.
One of the ideas to embrace in this practice is the illusionary nature of death and life.
You have the Itto-ryu school. This schools founding father taught about the illumination and how all possible cuts you might receive go back to the one original cut.
In the The Muto-ryu which is a swordless school. This school expresses the ideas that "There is no sword outside the mind".
In the The Munen Muso school, you learn how essence transcends the reflective thought process.
The schools taught in Kata's. These are moving meditations.
Now days a lot of these schools use bamboo and Armour to practice their sword training.
They work out in full body Armour so they can make full strength thrusts with out injuring their opponent.
A important quality to create is the unmoving mind.
When you have the un-moving mind you cannot be led astray by delusions of anger, doubt, fear, or surprise.
These are known as the four admonitions or sickness.
Today it is possible to create a similar quest for spiritual enlightenment.
Last week I had an article about the way of tea , were you have the Four principals of harmony, purity, respect and tranquility.
In the way of the sword the ideals to pursue are
- To mold the mind and body.
- To strive for a strong spirit,
- Pursue correct and rigid training,
- To train for improvement in the art of the sword.
- To hold in high regard human courtesy and honor.
- To associate with others with sincerity.
- And to forever pursue self mastery.
- By doing these things you will be a part of the solution and give back to your community and country.
- By your example you will promote peace and prosperity among your community.
I think of the way of the sword as a moving meditation.
Latest posts by MarVeena (see all)
- Rainbow Bridge & Transition - May 14, 2013
- 5 Powerful Tips To Achieving Excellence & Self Mastery - April 23, 2013
- Crossing Over from Spirit - April 15, 2013
Apprentice Training Call
Free to Apprentices!
The May class will focus on the 3 main areas of the brain that deal with our intuition and psychic abilities. I will show you some meditations that are really helpful in activating these center in the brain. Knowledge is power, the more you learn about your natural gifts, the easier it will be to make use of them here in this dimension!
May 22, 2013
May 4, 2013
April 24, 2013
To view my video,
"What is a Gallery?" click here.
This is a Mediumship event. A chance to share some time and energy with your loved ones on the other side.
If you have questions or would like to join us send me an email and I can get you on the list.
Bright Blessings MarVeena 972-564-0753 firstname.lastname@example.org www.marveena.com Follow me on Twitter @PsychicMediumTx Connect With Me on Facebook Clairvoyant Medium MarVeena Meek